What Do Unevenly Hot or Cold Spots in air conditioner Mean?
We are living in a world where we can do many things that were once believed to be impossible, and controlling the car temperature is one of those. Air conditioner has changed our way of living because today, we don’t need to cope with the scorching heat of summers. There’s no need to worry about what the outside temperature is with air conditioner. The only concern with air-conditioning systems is that they start misbehaving when used inappropriately.
Now the question is, what’s the reason behind the presence of hot or cold spots in vents? It is because your air-conditioner is failing to maintain a balanced airflow in your system and you might need an AC service. Generally, manufacturers suggest this should occur every 2 years.
So, why is Air Conditioner temperature being uneven?
Just why is your air-conditioner unable to maintain an equally balanced temperature?
- Reason 1: Refrigerant level is low – this is the most common reason for an inefficient system
- Reason 2: Your air-conditioning system has a fault. This could be as simple as a faulty temperature sensor, through to a blocked thermal expansion (TX) valve.
Symptoms of AC needing help.
Points to look out for which will indicate an issue include:
- Hissing sounds from the vents while using your AC
- Difficulty demisting the front windscreen
- Blowing warm air from one side
- A flashing AC light
If you have any of these symptoms get in touch sooner rather than later. Your refrigerant is also the lubrication for your air conditioner compressor, so if this is low you are risking damaging the system further every time you use the AC.
At EuroSurgeon Service centre our team would be happy to inspect and diagnose any air conditioning repairs. We work with most major mechanical warranty companies,